dVerse Poetics : Names of the Rose Please choose at least FIVE rose names from the list below. Or choose your own FIVE words or more from this huge list. If the rose name is more than one word, you must use both words. There is one stipulation, you can NOT use the word, “rose” in your poem! I chose the following words, which I have underlined in the poem: Restless Seafoam Tangles Golden Gate Windrush Summer Song Peace I’m restless . I walk the tideline on Baker Beach, kicking tangles of kelp and seafoam . The fog is heavy, nearly concealing the Golden Gate Bridge. A windrush gusts; my hair briefly covers my vision. I sit on the cliffs hidden from the commuters above. The sound of waves and gulls, my summer s ong. The damp fog and incoming tide, my peace . ©2026 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved
Very peaceful! Enjoying this education on different kinds of poems.
ReplyDeletehttps://iainkellywriting.com/2021/04/06/the-state-trilogy-a-z-guide-e/
I learned a lot planning the month!
DeleteI had not heard of an Elfchen before. The poem is lovely, very peaceful and calm.
ReplyDeleteStopping in from A to Z: https://writingiscommunication.wordpress.com/2021/04/06/e-erase/#comment-4742
Thank you. I learned about a lot of new forms researching the letters.
DeleteWonderful to learn something new every day. Elfchen seems similar to a haiku. I had to give it a shot.
ReplyDeleteCoffee
Brings flavor
Fresh ground beans
Espresso and ice cream
Affogato
What do you think? Cheers,
Crackerberries
I like it! Espresso and ice cream! Affogato sounds wonderful.
DeleteI never heard of this one before. Seems like a fun little one. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteBlack and White: E for Eden
Not my favorite form, but then again, an E!
Delete