The Behavior and Habitat of Men

 NaPoWriMo Day #24 

First time posting using the prompt on the correct day!  I had some extra time this morning and the prompt looked fun.   

The Prompt:

"Find a factual article about an animal. ... make sure it repeats the name of the animal a lot. Now, go back through the text and replace the name of the animal with something else... which you can then rearrange and edit into a poem."
 
My animal?  The Mole Cricket.  I had never heard of such a thing until the current issue of Martha Stewart Living and reading how her entire garden had to be relocated due to them.  I wasn't sure if they were moles or crickets until I looked them up!  They're crickets.  My info is from a pest control site, the section on the Behavior and Habitat of Mole Crickets. I pulled out only a few of the vital facts because they were spot on in their description of men!  It could have been a humorous piece, with flying men having shovel-like legs and living in tunnel systems, but I couldn't get past the image of men golfing in Florida! 

photo by Nita Jatar Kulkarni

Men

Prevalent throughout South Florida

Inhabit golf courses

Five out of the seven species in North America are immigrants

Considered pests


 ©2021 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved

 


https://www.flickr.com/photos/jean_hort/33708906888/in/faves-doc44/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan