NaPoWriMo Day #28 - Why? Why? Why?

 NaPoWriMo Day #28 

Prompt: ... write a poem that poses a series of questions. 

My poem, WhyWhy?  Why?, is dedicated to parents of toddlers around the globe.

🟦     🟦     🟦     🟦     🟦     🟦     🟦     🟦     🟦     🟦     🟦

Why is the sky blue?
Why is the water blue?
Why are my eyes blue?
Why is this M&M blue?
Why can’t I wear my blue shirt?
What made my shirt blue?
Bet you can’t guess my favorite color?
Did you guess blue?
Why’s the music daddy plays called the blues?
Music isn’t a color.
What do you mean you’re feeling blue?
You aren’t blue, you’re just people color.
Blue, Blue, Blue…
Little Boy Blue.
What was blue?
Was his skin blue?
Did he have a blue shirt?
Was it like mine?
Did it have buttons?
Did you know him when you were a little girl?
You should have woke him up.
The cows ate the corn and he probably got in trouble.
Did his cows have blue milk?
Why not?
Why are you going to lay down?
We aren’t done talking about my favorite color!
Do you remember what it is?
Wrong!
It’s green!
Why is the grass green?
Why are leaves green?


©2021 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved


Comments

  1. This is a really fun poem. I love the ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've known a few toddlers, and had my own!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan