J - Joseph's Star

Last year I wrote several Joseph's Star poems for J Day in the A to Z Challenge.  At the time I didn't realize the poetry site where I read the form instructions had a typo.  So, last year my poems were in syllables of 1/3/5/7/7/5/1, which is incorrect.  They should have been 1/3/5/7/7/5/3/1, which makes more sense, but I thought perhaps that form had already been given a different name. The correct form does make more of a star shape!

Here's the information on the Joseph's Star. It was created in 2007 by Christina R. Jussaume in memory of her father, Joseph.  

  •  8 lines
  • 1/3/5/7/7/5/3/1
  • Unrhymed
  • Any subject, and no limit to the number of stanzas, but each should be a complete statement.
  • Center aligned 

spring

gentle rains

moisten sun warmed beds

where seeds awake from slumber

poke their heads above the soil

reaching for the light

of April

spring

 ðŸ¥€     🥀     🥀     🥀     🥀     🥀     🥀     🥀

spring

poetry

of crocus yellow

and of lilac hyacinth

daffodils with ruffled heads

turned toward the sun

life renewed

spring

 

©2022 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved

Comments

  1. But... now I'm confused. Is it 7 lines or 1/3/5/7/7/5/3/1... which is 8 lines?
    Either way, I enjoyed your poem!
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm finally getting around to return visits.
    Doesn't Speak Klingon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for mentioning it! I corrected the 7. It seems no matter how much I edit, something sneaks by! That was pretty big to sneak though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan