R - The Ravens

Three poems devoted to one member of my favorite bird family (Corvid), the raven.


Ravens sit in the empty lot.

Eyes analyzing, they wonder

why humans have such strange notions.

They rise as one in raucous flight,

nothing like writing desks at all.

 

Silly to have ever thought so.


Raven on the lamppost

as I drive by.

A sign, or am I fey,

to see an oracle in a mere bird?

 


raven in the tree

a message to deliver

changes are coming

never take it for granted

the universe observes you


©2022 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved

 

raven image #1  

raven image #2 

#tanka #tankapoetry #tankapoem #ravenpoem

Comments

  1. I really like ravens. I did a blog post about the folklore surrounding them a while back: https://www.ronelthemythmaker.com/ravens-and-crows-in-folklore-folklore-mythology/

    Ronel visiting for the A-Z Challenge My Languishing TBR: R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read the post. Very informative, and interesting. It reminded me of Morpheus' ravens, in Sandman. I have both ravens and crows in my yard. It the crows that interact usually. I noticed many ravens hanging around an empty lot in town, so wrote about them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan