H - How Do You Like Them Apples?

Wednesday's NaPoWriMo prompt fit well for today's H.  Playing with it, I decided I liked the result better than the original H poem I had scheduled to post this morning!

 "...write a variation of an acrostic poem. But rather than spelling out a word with the first letters of each line, I’d like you to write a poem that reproduces a phrase with the first words of each line."

It's a fun variation of the usual acrostic.

I must have been groggy when I first read the prompt, because I couldn't make any sense of it, until I read Jim's, then it was clear, I think... Thanks, Jim!  

 

“How do you like them apples?” he asked.

Do you want them baked in a pie?

You can have them in a cobbler,

Like Ma used to make.

Them were the good ol’ days,

Apples off the tree, gathered in her gingham apron.”

He started; brought back to the now, he

Asked, “How do you like them apples?”

 

©2022 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved

#acrosticpoetry #bloggingatozchallege2022 #napowrimo2022 #napowrimo 

Comments

  1. Apples and peanut butter are a favourite of mine. Fun post.

    Stopping in from A to Z. I thought I would share the link to my letter A with you because I started off with Apples: https://brewingcoffeetwistingwordsbreakingpencils.ca/2022/04/01/apple/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like to spread peanut butter in the center of a half apple!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan