Z - Zip Ode

 Z – Zip Ode

We've come to the end of another April, another last letter in the A to Z Challenge.  For Z I offer The Zip Ode, an invented form from O, Miami and WLRN

Your zip code is the basis of a poem!  

When you're done, you can even submit it on the O'Miami page.

 www.wlrn.org/write-an-ode-to-your-zip-code

Write or type your zip code down the left side of the page.  Each number determines the number of words in that line.  Alternatively, you can use syllable count. If your zip code includes a zero, it's up to you, it's considered a wild card.  Blank, emoji, punctuation, words... 

This is not my zip code now, but the one from the city where I grew up.

94595

If I tried to climb those hills now, I

doubt I would make

the top without rest.

Then, I’d run to my father as he

came down from the bus.

©2024 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved


That was fun!  Let's do it again next year!  I already have plans!

Comments

  1. Cute poetry form idea. I enjoyed your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your zip poem, and I'll have to give mine a try!
    Congratulations on reaching Z once again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan