R - Rhymes

R - Rhymes

A prompt from a quote found on the Bibliomancy Oracle.  Click the button and you will receive an answer to your question or concern!  All in fun of course.   

I got a few good quotes to work with, this one being

from “The Wages of Pascal” by Charles Bernstein

No doubt these rhymes annoy you. 

I have come across people who insist poems must rhyme, and this quote reminded me of them, and how wrong they are!


No doubt these rhymes annoy you.

They annoy me as well.

As do those who believe

it’s not poetry at all,

if it does not rhyme.


©2024 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved 






Comments

  1. Rhyming poetry probably hails from childhood where everything rhymed -- even the scary stuff. LOL.

    Ronel visiting for R: My Languishing TBR: R
    Rumpelstiltskin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan