P - Prompts and Preludes

P - Prompts and Preludes 

A common poetry prompt is to take a line from another poem and use it as inspiration for a new one. 

I chose the last line of T. S. Eliot's Preludes, making this a double P post.  Some of the words are taken from his The Waste Land, referenced in the last line.

Inspiration: Thoughts of a dry brain in a dry season.


My arid soul

cries out for moisture.

My heart,

a dry stone.


Unloved.

Unloving.

Withered.


I look for water

in sand and stone.


Too long I’ve been

without.


A Wasteland

©2024 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved


Comments

  1. I like this prompt. I've used it several times.
    Jamie (jannghi.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan