F - A Poem of Farewell

F - Farewell Poem 

I browsed NaPoWriMo's past years' prompts to see what might work for the A to Z.  This prompt was one that caught my eye. Write a poem of farewell.  I chose to write it using the form American Sentence, which is one sentence with 17 syllables.  The American sentence was invented by beat poet Allen Ginsberg.  It should convey its message in a single line, and often has a twist, or turning point.

No time to say, "Goodbye," you left before I knew you wouldn't be back.


©2024 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved 


Comments

  1. never used the "American sentence" form. A fine farewell!!! My Link:
    Fighting Fire with Children

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same syllable count as traditional haiku.

      Delete
  2. i really like what you wrote here. This is another I would like to try.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan