The Stories I Could Tell

 Wordle #484

https://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2020/11/28/wordle-484/ 

Prompt words in red.

 

pixabay.com/photos/abandon-alley-architecture-black-21907
Oh, the stories I could tell! 

Black stories, depressing tales of narrow alleys and small bleak basements that suffer for want of sunlight.  Where walls are damp and thick, close, with voices unheard. 

The narrow passageway is crisscrossed with yellow crime scene tape, the investigation continues, detectives hold out empty promises and hope, but there hasn’t been a promising lead since the morning after the blood splatter was found on the cold, slick stone wall.   

The blood was just to throw them off, muddy the waters, so to speak, or bloody the waters in this case. "This case"… I love my double meaning; it tickles me to be so clever.  I could have been an author instead of what I am. 

Yes, the stories I could tell.  

 ©2020 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan