Friday Writings #135 - Five Found Poems

Poets and Storytellers United



"...take one of our poems or stories and turn it into a new piece of writing by removing some words and/or sections."

Found poetry from my own poetry.   How fun!  After the first, I kept going.  Fortunately, they're short. 

photo copyright Lisa Smith Nelson



the clouds

at dawn


the bronze butterfly

over my head


the moon climbing

out of the city


the dust of snow

in a future sky


in the end

it’s beautiful




2 - original: Wordpools 


waves

     bring words

     with the tide

listen

     booming phrases

     ebbing and flooding

touch

     the pools.

     drown in words





I sit.


In the distance,

past the horizon,

the end of the world.


No one sees

the sun drown

a blood red death.


I step off

to walk

on moonbeams.


photo copyright Lisa Smith Nelson



I watch the summer sky.

I imagine I see you,

a memory just out of reach.



#5 - original 


the tar is oozing

the houses closed

curse days

dread nights

waiting for nonexistent breath

©2024 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved

Comments

  1. Some of the original poetry is evocative. I do like your choice of words and how you transformed existing work into something crisp and new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had fun, but still like the originals.

      Delete
  2. Haiku-like stream of conscious. The prompt helps set the words free to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I actually tried to fit #4 into 5/7/5, but it just wouldn't go.

      Delete
  3. I read the original "It's beautiful to have chosen" and the erasure version... both charming in their own way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim here - You did good with the new. I feel you liked the original much. I liked it better than the original too, like me.

      Delete
    2. I like all the originals best!

      Delete
  4. I am touching the pool, wanting to swim in it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was absolutely nothing wrong with any of the originals! But maybe that's beside the point. I LOVE all the new poems you found within them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful. I really love that last one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Morrigan

Untitled Golden Shovel

Crow and Moon - Five Very Brief Poems