Untitled Troiku - October 11, 2022

 Tanka Tuesday Poetry Challenge No. 293

Specific Form: Troiku

Troiku is a form invented by a haiku poet (and oncology nurse) in the Netherlands.  It was chosen by Kerfe Roig as the Specific Form for October.  It consists of a haiku (or senryu, since it does not require a kigo), called the "sleigh," followed by three more starting with the lines in the haiku, in order of one through three.  Of course, the third haiku will not be able to be formatted as 5/7/5, as it begins with the 7 syllable line in the original haiku.  My third is 7/7/7.

 

©Lisa Smith Nelson
 

only some mornings
I'm up before the sunrise
as starless skies pale

only some mornings
as I watch the geese fly south
do i think of you

I'm up before the sunrise
hoarfrost crystalling the paths
soft'ning in the cresting sun

as starless skies pale
I miss your warm hand in mine
wistful reverie

©2022 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved

#tankatuesday #tankatuesdayno293 #syllabicpoetry #syllabicpoem #troiku #troikupoetry #inventedpoetryform #syllabicform #haiku #senryu 

Comments

  1. Deep sigh!!... love it! Beautiful.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. those mornings do inspire reverie.
    Kerfe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you referred to it as senryu. (I didn't know any of the history of the form, so I appreciate the extra information). I called it micro-poetry, haiku-like, (free-style haiku) but how much more expressive is the form written with senryu? Excellent, Lisa. This is stunning!! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful snapshot of a time that is precious to you, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lines are so full of emotions and deeply move my heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jules from Tanka Tuesday: I know a few widows who could relate to this...
    Sad but sort of comforting too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how beautiful and poignant!

    ~David

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan