Things That Go Bump in the Night

 MindLoveMisery's Menagerie

Wordle # 293 

I wrote a mirror, or palindrome poem with this week's Wordle prompt words.  A mirror poem is written in two halves, with the lines from the first half repeated in the second, but in reverse order.   There is often a bridge word or two between the halves.  Here, I've used a three word bridge. A palindrome is a word, numbers, sequence, phrase, etc. that reads the same forward and back.  Here ( ← link)is a wonderful example of a mirror poem, much better than I can accomplish!  It's not as easy as it sounds, in fact, many find it much harder!  Thankfully, poetry has license to take liberties, one of which I took with punctuation.  I wouldn't be surprised if you find a mistake, as I tend to get lost trying to get the order of the words straight... or... backwards.

Prompt words in red.

Dawn willing.

With fevered brow,

turning and tossing,

twisting sheets.

My dreams troubled.

Slowly ticking clock,

tick… tick… tick,

red numbers glowing.

Creaking stairs

like old bones,

ever unceasing.

Night after long night

moon in mirror reflect

Shadow People.

I am afraid

People shadow

reflect mirror in moon.

Night long after night,

unceasing ever.

Bones old,

like stairs, creaking.

Glowing numbers red,

tick… tick… tick

clock ticking slowly.

Troubled dreams, my

sheets twisting,

tossing and turning.

Brow fevered with

willing dawn.

©2022 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved

 


Comments

  1. Very cool! I've never seen a mirror poem before. I find your poem intriguing, the way the meanings flip.like a shifting dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're fun to work on, although for me they take a lot of work!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan