Step by Step

 Mindlovemisery's Menagerie 

Photo Challenge #435

photo prompt Elm Cottage
 

Where does it go to?

Why is it here?

Shall we climb up and see?

 

What will we find there?

Will it be fun?

Can you guess what’ll be?

 

Who could have built it?

Do they live near?

So many questions I ask!

 

Like so many stairs

to the very last one.

Are we up to the task?

 

Count the steps

one by one,

all the way to the top.

 

Maybe a treasure is

just out of view,

or maybe it comes to a stop.

 

Only one way

for us to find out,

just take the first step, and go!

 

Wait!  I should go first?

No, I’ve changed my mind.

I fear I’ll get vertigo!

 

©2022 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved

#nonesensepoem #photoprompt #mindlovemiserysmenagerie #rhymingpoem

Comments

  1. "just take the first step, and go!"
    Ah that crucial step. Lovely poem Lisa
    Thanks for dropping by my blog

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan