P - The Pensive Pup



I don’t know where he came from
He’s always been around

I call him Aloysis
The reason to be found

The name is on his bottom
from Father’s fountain pen

His left hand scrawl is obvious
But, where, and why, and when?

This doggy sits upon a book
of “canned philosophy”

Words of Wisdom, Words of Jest
Advice in oddity

Remove the book and it said
This pup will likely growl

So read it while it’s still attached
Lest Aloysis howl

 ©2020 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved















Comments

  1. This is an oddity indeed! Thanks for sharing; it made me smile.
    Black and White (Words and Pictures)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "advice" he gives is very dated and sexist since he is from 1908! The water damage is my fault. He was around decades and had no damage until I got him. I wonder why my father wrote "Aloysius" on the base? It wasn't like him to name inanimate objects! He rarely even gave his paintings titles.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan