Like a Pirate

 Mindlovemisery's Menagerie

Wordle #288

 ARRGH!!! Shiver me timbers, it’s International Talk Like a Pirate Day! What began as a joke between friends in 1995, remaining so for seven years, Talk Like a Pirate Day became a “thing” when the world caught on in 2002. 

Prompt words in red.


 

As a fellow volunteer

and colleague,

I’ll say this with tact,

not as abruptly as

I will confess my first thoughts were,

jumping out of my forehead

to scamper along the footpath of words spoken

nearly too quickly to snatch back.

I shouldn’t be saying this at all,

however,

seeing you sway in the pavilion

in that sapphire gown,

I imagine how it must have been

to be a pirate

yearning for the mermaid singing

just out of reach. 

 

©2022 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved

#mindlovemiserysmenagerie #wordle#288 #wordlepoetry #piratepoetry #piratepoem #talklikeapirateday #wordprompt #weeklywordle 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan