Your Heart's Desire

MindLoveMisery’s Menagerie: Wordle #265 

Made with Word Art which I am now addicted to!
 

Prompt words in red.

Up the steep stairs of wood,

down the hall to the left,

through the second door on the right,

you will obtain your heart’s hidden desire.

Oh, it won't be anything you would expect!

No bricks of gold,

or piles of cash,

not one red cent

will you find.

There’ll be no belly dancers,

nor exotic dishes,

of incredible tastes,

laid out in record number.

Enter the room and wait,

but don’t relax, your heart’s desire will

be as silent as the cat,

as agile as the panther.

Speak of the devil…

The brawny Siamese saunters into the room, 

and with one colossal bounce,

and a loud thud,

lands in your lap,

purring.

Now, isn’t that your heart’s desire?

 

©2021 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved


Comments

  1. That's a lovely poem, well done, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My own words and they gave me trouble!

      Delete
  2. In my close to 60 years of life, I've known many wonderful cats. I'm always sad when they go, but some take it out of me more than others. I had a couple of those in a row and had resolved that after the ones my son and I still have are gone, there will be no more cats.
    However, my son and I now live in an old house on the Northeastern plains of Colorado that is prone to mice getting in. We don't want to use poison or cruel traps. My son's twelve-year-old cat is an adept mouser. Sometimes my son manages to get to the mouse before Bart does, and we take it off to a field a few miles away. Other times Bart gets the better of the mouse.
    Either way, we've decided that living out here, it's best to have a cat.
    Our cats live indoors. We don't want them to become prey for owls or coyotes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My two cats live indoors only too. Both of them just showed up, moved in and stayed! Oh, I tried to find their previous owners, to mixed results. I told myself "no more dogs" when Boo, my all-time favorite, had to be put to sleep in Feb. I lasted 6 weeks. I love my cats, but I need a dog to be happy.
      Our shelter has a program where feral or semi-feral cats can be adopted out to farms and barns etc. for mouse control. Otherwise they would have to euthanize them. I lived in a house that had mice too. Later it was roof rats.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks. I really am not happy with where the words went! I picked them, you'd think I could have done a better (easier) job!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan