The Investigator

MindLoveMisery's Menagerie: Wordle #266

 

Prompt words in red.


 

I’ll be a detective

like Mr. Holmes

and search for clues in the dust.

 

I’ll listen for footsteps

in the back hall,

noiseless I’ll be, that’s a must.

 

Our marble of Brigid,

which stands in the niche,

surely strikes an unnatural pose!

 

Perhaps a jewel

of eminent fame

glitter(s) high up inside her nose.

 

A furtive society,

name still unknown,

is most likely behind all of this.

 

I must be impartial,

yet question the staff,

for something is surely amiss.

 

©2021 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved

Comments

  1. Nicely done!
    As a child I sometimes imagined becoming a detective, but despite my best efforts to conceal myself I stand out. Plus I'm terribly clumsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, I'm clumsy too! Very. As a child I was also the tallest and not thin. I was born one ounce less than 10 lbs! My oldest son speaks of the "clumsy gene" inherited from my side!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan