Saturday - a trinet

Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie

 Lucky Dip - Saturday Mix 

The prompt poetry form: Trinet

Trinet is an invented form, with 21 lines in 3 stanzas of 7 lines each.  Lines must follow the word count 2,2,6,6,2,2,2.  The finished poem is centered, and "if centered correctly" will look like three crosses.  Well, I'm not so sure of that!  My word count is correct, it's centered, but only my last stanza has the example shape, which to me looks more like an airplane! I think for them to always form a cross shape you will need to use only words that result in the desired shape, rather than choosing the words you like best. 


Good morning!

Hello, day!

What a gorgeous bright blue sky

to greet me out the window.

When dressed

I’ll join

your celebration

 

Joyous day!

A wedding!

Under the deep green sycamore trees

where their shade keeps sun at bay

We converse

We dine

We laugh

 

Good night!

Sleep tight!

The moon shines through the curtains

Which blow in the cool breeze

Nature awakens

Bats swoop

Cicadas call

 

 

©2021 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved

Comments

  1. Short and sweet catering for the whole day's activities in one poem. How nice, Lisa!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I didn't set out to do it on purpose, it just worked out that way once I had the middle stanza.

      Delete
  2. This is nice. :) I like the joy in it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan