dVerse Poetics : Names of the Rose Please choose at least FIVE rose names from the list below. Or choose your own FIVE words or more from this huge list. If the rose name is more than one word, you must use both words. There is one stipulation, you can NOT use the word, “rose” in your poem! I chose the following words, which I have underlined in the poem: Restless Seafoam Tangles Golden Gate Windrush Summer Song Peace I’m restless . I walk the tideline on Baker Beach, kicking tangles of kelp and seafoam . The fog is heavy, nearly concealing the Golden Gate Bridge. A windrush gusts; my hair briefly covers my vision. I sit on the cliffs hidden from the commuters above. The sound of waves and gulls, my summer s ong. The damp fog and incoming tide, my peace . ©2026 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved
Wherever she likes. Mind you they don't seem to mind crawling over your hands as well...just checking as it were!
ReplyDeleteThey are quite unafraid for small little creatures, aren't they? Of course, predators have learned they release foul smells when in danger!
DeleteAwww., sad. (But great photo.)
ReplyDeleteI'd call it poetic license, since they hibernate when it gets too cold. That's why you can buy bags of them in the spring, and the stores have them in a refrigerator!
DeleteI love the melancholy of this piece and how well it captures that between time of weather where we try to hold on to as much warmth as possible before the cold is impossible to deny.
ReplyDeleteThe bees are having a problem too. I see more and more caught out as it gets cold in the evening. They cuddle down near the middle of flowers, the nectar sources are actually warmer. They can't fly when it's cold.
DeleteA covid time question. Where do We go from here
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday Lisa
Much💛love
I hope she will hibernate someplace comfy, while dreaming of spring leaves.
ReplyDeleteWell, she'll fly away home to her children, just like in the little ditty! This was fun.
ReplyDeleteShe is welcome to come live in my Autumn flowers .... after the snows come, she better have relocated. Cheers.
ReplyDeleteIf I'd known my kalettes were thick with aphids I'd have moved her there!
DeleteI love ladybugs! :D She can hang out with me.
ReplyDeleteSo do I. I try to find as many kinds each year as possible. This one is a seven spotted ladybug.
DeleteI think she will be mistaken for a bead that someone strings on a necklace.
ReplyDeleteLove this!
ReplyDelete