Melody

 Mindlovemisery's Menagerie

Photo Challege #424

Photo credit Sarah Whiley

First glance, and second glance, I thought this was a naked sword swallower!  Of course it isn't, but I went with that misconception, and titled my poem after the sculpture, Melody, with a few allusions to the words on the plaque, along with plenty of fiction!

 

No, I’m not a sword swallower,

I swear to you I’m not.

If I were a sword swallower,

I’d dress in apricot.

 

A flowing dress of satin,

with ruffles at my chin,

hiding all my body,

instead of bare, smooth skin.

 

No, I’m holding up a bugle,

a call to one and all,

to come and frolic on the sands

beyond the stone seawall.

 

©2022 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan