Writer's Workshop Prompts of March 7, 2024

My first time joining in to John Holton's (The Sound of One Hand Typing) Writer's Workshop.   John is one of the team of the  Blogging from A to Z Challenge in April. Check it out, it's almost time! 

Badge by Patty, http://anothercookieplease.com

Here are the prompts for this week’s Writer’s Workshop:

  1. Write a post based on the word manual.

  2. Write a post in exactly 13 sentences.

  3. Tell us about a favorite childhood toy.

  4. What was the most useless class you took? Tell us about it.

  5. Which fictional character (from a book, comic book, TV show, or movie) did you want to be? Why?

  6. When did you learn that Santa Claus/the Easter Bunny/the Tooth Fairy was your parents? How did you figure it out?

I've gone with #1 and #2.  

 
     My son collects manual typewriters.
     They are interesting machines from a former time. Not so former as to make them “before my time!”
     I took typing in high school. We were given one week on electric machines. Such progress that seemed in 1974!
     My son’s are manual though.
     Some are actually pretty. A few are powder blue, another one is green. There’s even a junior size for children. The one with the green keys, above, I found at an estate sale last year to give my son for his birthday.
     I think he needs to slow it with the acquisitions though. He is running out of space to store them.

   ©2024 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved




Comments

  1. I actually got an electric typewriter in 1974 after graduating high school. The thing drove me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's funny how it was 1974 as well! The year of electric typewriters! I graduated the next year.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan