Beginning - January 2024

Poets and Storytellers United 

Friday Writings #108: Beginning

For your optional prompt this week, please let the idea of Beginning inspire you. You might write about that idea, or perhaps share a piece which in itself constitutes a beginning of some kind. 


Would I,

if given the chance,

return to 

our beginning?


I hope

you would understand

if I refused.

It is not meant to hurt you.


Our many 

years together,

now years apart,

I would not relive.


If only for

the pain

at the end

not to live through again.


©2024 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved 


Comments

  1. Oh, I understand this very well! You make the point succinctly and irrefutably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heart of this "I hope you would understand if I refused".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I wrote it, so shouldn't be affected by it, but that line does get to me. I am not sure why the prompt sent me to my own story.

      Delete
  3. Some experiences are best left behind and forgotten. I like the honesty of the speaker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. It sort of depends on the circumstances of the "being apart" what the thoughts will be. Mine was an unasked for divorce, a lot different than from death. Others have been for various reasons.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. A thoughtful reflection of things past Luckily we don't have to do some things again

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have wondered this several times in my long life ... I did not return, in retrospect I wish I had ~~ one of them, too late now. I enjoyed your poem!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan