The Good Dog - an Ovi

 Ronovan Writes

Ovi Poetry Challenge 6: GOOD is your inspiration. 



What things, when asked, would I term "good,"

things both unclear and understood?

Forgive me please for if I should

take so long deciding. 

 

One thing I know is good for sure,

with heart of gold and love so pure,

who cheers me up, who is my cure,

no surprise, it's Mickey!

 

He's by my side both night and day,

placidly napping, or at play,

comprehending most words I say.

His vocabulary!

 

Yes, he's my dog, yet so much more,

with a face you cannot ignore

He's clearly not a Labrador,

largely Border Collie.

©2023 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved

I had a little fun writing this one today!  

#mickey_chicky_boom_boom

#ronovanwrites #ronovanwritesovipoetrychallege #ovipoetry #ovipoem #dogpoem #rhyme #syllablicpoetry 


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I hope that's a 3/3! Thanks for stopping by to read this silly little ovi!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. He is! I lasted six weeks without a dog, and realized I can't be happy without one. They are noisy, and dirty, and you can't just spontaneously go anywhere (even a trip to the store means making sure they've gone "potty" before you leave), but I love them!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan