A Silhouette of Crows - an Imayo

 Tanka Tuesday Weekly Poetry Challenge: Specific Form 

"This week's challenge is to write an Imayo poem.  Your subject must be about a bird!  I can be any type of bird."  (edit: an Imayo is four lines, and I realize my error.  I have no idea why I only wrote three!)

©Lisa Smith Nelson

The crows in silhouette watch, silent as one crow

their quiet disconcerts me, the un-crow-like calm

gnarled toes clasp gnarled winter limbs, beneath dove grey skies


                                                             ©2023 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved


©Lisa Smith Nelson



#syllabicpoetry #imayo #crowpoetry #syllabicpoem #tankatuesdayno329 #poetryprompt

Comments

  1. That "un-crow-like calm" is good foreboding. Well done. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very strange feeling seeing all those crows being so quiet! It was strange to see so many to begin with, and the ones I usually see in my yard are very noisy!

      Delete
  2. Eerie and mysterious! Love it. 🖤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  3. Lisa, this is excellent. I like the mythology and symbolism of crows. It's definitely an eerie feeling when a murder of crows is silent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Crows are my favorite. I have a few that always hang around in the cedars, but this was the only time I've ever seen so many just hanging around, waiting.

      Delete
  4. Excellent poem, Lisa! Very creepy... I loved it!

    Yvette M Calleiro :-)
    http://yvettemcalleiro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was creepy to see them, and they hung around a long time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan