Petals of Haiku: An Anthology

 Petals of Haiku: An Anthology'

 I am pleased and proud to have four of my haiku included in this volume, along with those of so many talented poets. 

It's available now on Amazon in paperback and Kindle.

image: Amazon

 My favorite of my four published is below. Thanks to Colleen at Tanka Tuesday for her wonderful near year-long "lessons" on kigo words and phrases.  "Geese returning" is a spring season kigo phrase.  I also owe my high school creative writing teacher, Hildegarde Buckette, a thanks, as she impressed upon her students the need to allude to a season, but not use the season word itself. I've always remembered that lesson. I think she'd be pleased. 

we sit inside now
wait for return of the geese
to begin sowing

©2023 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved


 The book and original painting of the cover will be displayed in the Treasure House of the Rinsenji Temple.   Read more about that in this post by the book's editor, Gabriela Marie Milton. 

https://shortprose.blog/2024/06/08/petals-of-haiku-enters-immortality-the-book-together-with-hikaris-painting-of-the-cover-will-be-displayed-in-the-treasure-house-of-the-rinsenji-temple-japan-first-published-in-lit/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan