24 Seasons: Geshi 夏至 (The Summer Solstice) No. 39

24 Seasons Syllabic Poetry Challenge, No.39

The Summer Solstice (June 21 – July 6) Geshi 夏至

"Your syllabic poetry writing invitation is to choose a kigo word or phrase from the seasonal kigo list on the post, or you can choose from the summer category on the 500 kigo word list links below. Share your kigo word on your post."

I chose the kigo words "Strawberry Moon" and "Cicadas."

I gather berries

light from the strawberry moon

sufficient this dawn

loud in the dappled shadows 

cicadas buzz their love songs

©2024 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved


#tankatuesday #kigo #tankatuesdaypoetrychallenge #tankatuesday24seasons #tanka #syllabicpoetry #cicadapoetry #strawberrymoon  


Comments

  1. Lisa, this is so yummy. I love strawberries! I haven’t heard any cicadas. I hope they don’t come this far north!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan