Three for Synonyms Only - August, 2023

Tanka Tuesday Weekly Poetry Challenge No. 331 

Synonyms Only

words: flow and wave 

I have written three, 5/7/5.


on these summer nights

my only cool breezes from

circulating fans


flapping banners high

the vast crowd streams through downtown

demands of justice


the trickle tells all

a pipe leakage underground

my cash flutters off

©2023 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved

#tankatuesdayno331 #haiku #zappai #syllabicpoetry #syllabicpoem #synonympoetry #senryu 

Comments

  1. Lisa, these are some amazing haiku. I love how you captured what summer has been like for you. It's cool and rainy today... it feels like autumn, not August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember the last time it rained. Not any summer rains at all. Next week will be over 100 again. 106 they say.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic collection of poems, Lisa! I remember many nights where the fan attempted to cool us off but failed miserably. Lol!

    Yvette M Calleiro :-)
    http://yvettemcalleiro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a portable AC in the living room, and small house, so it works during the day. Nights though, I neglected to have a window put in before I moved in, I have to leave the French door ajar, not open, as the dog will go out, the neighbor cat will come in (maybe a raccoon), and bugs.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan