A Cheerful Heart

Whirligig 436

Prompt words in red. 

Camilla Comeau / Stained glass sunlight on tiled floor

He was kneelinghis upturned backside reflecting the glory of God. A Technicolor image of Moses parting the Red Sea, reflected light pouring through the rose window.

Angels may weep, but I’m no angel. I was filled with escaping laughtersounding to my own ears like air from a leaky balloon.

He turned, slowing regaining his feet, and after soothing down both his cassock and his thin white hair, greeted me with a warm handshake.

My recovery was swift.

Sorry to keep you waitingalthough it did sound as if you were enjoying your wait.”

Yes, Father.  As the proverb says, A cheerful heart is good medicine.’”

©2023 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan