Spring Dreams

MindLoveMisery's Menagerie 

 Wordle #302

Prompt words in red.



Winter is here.

The solstice past,

now snowflakes heap high in the garden.

 

The flames on the grate waver tremulously.

Unnoticed in autumn, a crack in the mortar lets

a channel of air breeze in.

 

I recline on my pillow, pull the afghan closer.

Glancing to the window, nothing to see.

A black pane, darkness absolute.

 

I’m content with the seed catalog in my lap,

painted daisy dreams contrary to the calendar.

I bid “Goodbye” to winter, welcome spring.


©2022 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved

#mindlovemiseriesmenagerie #wordle #wordlewordprompt #weeklywordle #writingprompt #winterpoem #springdreams #seedcatalogs





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan