My Broken Mug

 MindLoveMisery's Menagerie

Same, Same, But Different - Saturday Mix


Your ‘Same Same But Different’ task is to take the five challenge words and NOT use them in your writing. That’s right, you need to dig out your thesaurus and find a synonym for each word instead.

Your words are:

  1. cup
  2. splash
  3. hit
  4. drop
  5. sad

My words:

Cup -  mug  
Splash – slosh
Hit – land
Drop – fall
Sad – broken heart



I watched it fall
on the hard oak floor,
my favorite mug
full of cocoa.

I watched it land,
with a crack and a slosh,
and the mug, like my heart,
was broken. 

 

©2022 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved

 #mindlovemiserysmenagerie #samesamebutdifferent #saturdaymix #freeversepoetry #wordpromptpoetry #synonymspoem

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan