Ohhh, Nooo!

 Friday Fictioneers

 "The Challenge: Write a complete story in one hundred words or less."

photo prompt

PHOTO PROMPT © Ted Strutz

100 words 

     If I’ve told you once, I’ve told you a hundred times, and it probably has been a hundred times, don’t leave that creepy toy on my chair! I don’t see it until it squawks when I sit on it! Then I’m startled, and dog comes barreling into my office to grab it back.

     Yes, I said “creepy”! He’s one weird fella!

     You do know he ended up in prison? And that was after he got psychiatric help!

     Not the kind of toy I want Goose to play with.

     EWWWW… it’s slobbery! Get it out of here, and keep it out!  


©2024 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved


Comments

  1. Lisa, I'd say that slimy little doll is triggering you all over the place. Time for it to take a long walk off a short pier ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The narrator might just do that, and toss the doll off the end!

      Delete
  2. Yep.. Methinks it's time for your MC to make this toy disappear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so! :) I've seen these in pet stores, but never been a fan of Mr. Bill, so don't bother.

      Delete
  3. When my first born was little he got a toy that talked and it would very creepily say things at random times. It did not last long in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that sounds like quite the unexpected experience! It's funny how even harmless toys can startle us when we least expect it. Hopefully, Goose enjoys playing with it despite its quirks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan