This Summer Day

 Tanka Tuesday No. 284

#specific from

In March, Colleen of Tanka Tuesday asked us to create our own syllabic poetry.  One of the results was the 4-11, created by by Gwen Plano. This weeks prompt was chosen by Yvette Calleiro, who picked the 4-11.  The 4-11 is eleven lines, each with four syllables.  The beginning line is repeated as the final line. 

My take on the 4-11 is based on actual events, and reflect my actual feelings today.

This summer day
I have my fill
so tired of heat
and heavy hose
to lug around
to no avail
bush beans shrivel
the straw that broke
the camel’s back
I long for fall
This summer day

 

©2022 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved


Comments

  1. Same same. I long for fall. Clap. Thanks for sharing. 👏 xoxo Selma Martin 💗

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to the heavy sluggishness of intense heat. Here’s hoping we all get some relief soon. Wonderfully expressed, Lisa. Hugs, Harmony Kent 💕🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get Fall down in South Florida, so I don't long for it, BUT I am taking my son up to Vermont at the end of September to see the changing of leaves. I am looking forward to that. Great poem, Lisa! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It the same here, unfortunately I think we will just have to get used to it. Great poem you have caught perfectly how we all feel 💜

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've all been feeling that heat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you about fall. Well said!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, this is exactly how I feel, as well. I really like the first line repeating as the last. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. So well expressed, even if I don't agree with the sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The earth is indeed heating up.
    and we still do the same mistake

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fall is my favorite time of the year and I can't wait. Great poem, Lisa. 🌞

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan