The Scent of Lilacs

 The Whirligig # 354

Prompt words in red.

photo: pixhere
 

The world may seem disheveled,

crowds in a hot tempered funk.

Yet, that is no reason to sulk, or

spend your days

in cool beer and burning whiskey.

A straw in your mouth,

the last bit of ice rattles around

in the bottom of the glass

of two too many Ruby Tuesdays*. 

 

I raise my head from my hands, and

peer through the grimy window.

 

Look!

The purple lilacs are in bloom!

 

I think I may sink into them

and drown in their scent. 


©2022 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved

* I know pretty much nothing about alcoholic beverages, but do know beer and whiskey aren't usually served with straws.  Searching for ones that are led me to one called a Ruby Tuesday.  For obvious reasons, I had to use it!   🤣  

https://imbibemagazine.com/recipe/ruby-tuesday-recipe/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan