Sweet Lies - a reverse nonet

Tanka Tuesday No. 257

This week we are offered this photo as inspiration, The Crystal Ball by John William Waterhouse.  Follow the link below to read about this piece.  One interesting fact from its past; a previous owner had the skull painted out!

The Crystal Ball by John William Waterhouse

My
future
set within
her crystal ball,
she alone will read.
Interpret signs of love.
Please, just that, no bitter woe!
If pain or sorrow float therein,
with deceptive smile, tell me sweet lies.

©2022 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved 


# Tanka Tuesday #Poetry Challenge No. 257 #reversenonet

Comments

  1. Thank you! I admit, I had to look up the song! I was never a Fleetwood Mac fan, so actually didn't know it,although I did recognize the chorus part with those words. I'm sure it was on the radio enough to seep into my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me sweet lies... I love how the speaker is hanging on for her reading but only if it's in his/her favor. Great poem, Lisa! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most of us would be that way! Good news only, please! Perhaps we'd be so worried over when the bad would happen we wouldn't enjoy life along the way.

      Delete
  3. What a great Nonet. I like it. Thanks for sharing. Sweet. Very well thought of. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled Golden Shovel

Untitled - a Waltmarie

The Morrigan