Crater Lake: a Discort
dVerse - Poetry Form: Discort
The writing challenge is to write a descort.
"The descort differentiates itself from other forms by differentiating its lines from other lines within the poem. That is, the main rule of descort poems is that each line needs to be different from every other line in the poem. An undeniable twist from the norm." source
One summer long ago, my family went
to Crater Lake. Nothing to see.
I may have well stayed home.
I saw only fog.
But on a bright-blue-sky sunny day?
Prettier than a postcard.
Only a day trip away from me now,
I never go.
©2026 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved
Nice one
ReplyDeleteMuch love
The fog versus the prettier postcard is a good contrast. Its more than just a Lake. We view things differently, I guess at different times. Thanks for joining in!
ReplyDeleteI love visiting Crater Lake and your poem!! Not that far from home ~~ Bend.
ReplyDelete