24 Seasons: Hakuro 白露 (White Dew)

  24 Seasons Syllabic Poetry Challenge, No. 50

White Dew (September 7 – 22) Hakuro 白露

"Your writing invitation is to write tanka prose with me! The use of the kigo words are OPTIONAL. If they work for your poem, use them."

I have used the kigo word Dew in my tanka prose.  It was just today when the first morning condensation was on my windshield.   So welcome was the sight, I took it's picture!  You know it's been a long summer when condensation is photo-worthy!


The days are still hot.  90s and low 100s hot.  However, the nights are finally cooling, making it easier to sleep in a non-air conditioned room.   The most obvious sign that autumn is nigh is today was the first morning there was condensation on the car windshield.  It may not be as romantic as spring’s first blossom, or winter’s first snow flake, but after the summer I've had it’s the most welcome.  

dew coats the windows
an early morning surprise
obscuring my view
one more step before leaving
a minor inconvenience 

©2024 Lisa Smith Nelson. All Rights Reserved

#tankatuesday #tankatuesday24seasonschallenge #24seasons #tankaprose #tanka #whitedew


Comments

  1. Lisa, photo worthy and love the theme. What lovely way of praising Mother Nature for her ordinary blessings and grace.
    Let’s hold on. We are finally leaving summer behind. Thanks for sharing this extraordinary moment. Bless you. Xo, Selma Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Lisa. I wish we had some dew. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I love how the dew gives you an appreciation for the coming of autumn. What a great connection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, Lisa! It is still very hot in my area, but that morning dew on the car definitely signals a shift in seasons. Great poem!

    Yvette M Calleiro :-)
    http://yvettemcalleiro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can feel the coolness from here. What a welcome relief after this scorching summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome tanka. really live action.✍💜

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like this, it's the little things that really please us 💜💜💜

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is delightful, Lisa - I really like that bit of humor at the end!

    Sincerely,
    David
    SkepticsKaddish.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Morrigan

Untitled Golden Shovel

Crow and Moon - Five Very Brief Poems